Replying Invitation


Replying Invitation
Tips
Acknowledge the invitation in first person.
Use second person for the sender of invitation.
Mention acceptance/regret
Specify the reason in case of refusal.
Use warm and simple language.

Illustrative Example
Q. Your friend Ayushi invited you to attend her birthday party to be held on 23 April 20XX. Send a reply accepting the invitation.
Answer:
13, Pratap Nagar
Jaipur
20 April 20XX
Dear Ayushi
I am glad to receive an invitation to attend your birthday party to be held on 23 April 20XX at 7.30 pm onwards at Hotel Cherry. I will reach sharp at 6 pm so that I can help you in preparation.
My best wishes are always with you.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely
Fatima

Q. Your friend invited you to have a cup of tea on Sunday afternoon. You can’t accept the invitation. Send a reply.
Answer:
01/C, CHB
Jodhpur
20 April 20XX
Dear Ranjita
I am glad to receive an invitation to have a cup of tea with you on Sunday afternoon at your home. I hope there is something important to be discussed.
I am sorry to inform you that I can’t come as we are expecting some guests to arrive on that day and I will be busy helping my mother.
We will meet any other day.
Thank you.
Sincerely yours
Marry

Practice Questions
  1. Send a reply accepting the invitation to your friend who invited you to attend her cousin’s marriage on 10 June 20XX.
  2. Due to your exam you can’t attend a get together arranged by your cousin. Send a reply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Lesson by Alphonse Daudet

My Mother at Sixty-Six by Kamala Das

Lost Spring by Anees Jung